My name is Surma Shah and I am an experienced counsellor who has a private practice on the border of Croydon and Bromley. If clients require counselling in Central London, I am able to accommodate this in a venue near London Bridge.
The heart of my interests and passions is to support people in the times when they are struggling so they can continue their personal growth and lead a fulfilled life. This is what led me to train as an integrative counsellor. My counselling qualification enables me to use psychodynamic skills, dealing with past issues and person-centred approaches for issues that are happening in the present time and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), which is a more action-based therapy if clients are stuck and want to move forward.
I have worked in a range of organisations, both in the private and non-profit sectors, at a senior corporate level and in children and family services. I have a wealth of experience and have seen first-hand the vast range of problems which can affect individuals.
I am a couples and relationship counsellor and a Family Links Facilitator of the Nurture Programme, so I am able to help with parenting strategies.
I have also worked with adolescents and have had many younger aged clients who faced dilemmas and challenges in their lives, which I have helped them to overcome.
- CPCAB Level 4 in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 in Counselling Studies
- Couples Dynamic Course
- Adolescents Training
- Family Links- Parent Group Leader of The Nurturing Programme
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5 – Distinction
- Community Conferencing Facilitator
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Essential Supervision Skills (The British Psychological Society Approved) – Certificate in Clinical Supervision